Pork Belly Burnt Ends
Pork Belly Burnt Ends! If you love pork belly and want to try something a little different than this is for you!!
They’re smokey, they’re juicy on the inside and a little crispy on the outside and oh boy are they full of flavour.
This recipe is best made in a smoker but can also be done in your BBQ. We’ll include instructions.
- 1.5kgs of boneless pork belly, cubed (ask our butchers to cut it for you)
- Pig Candy Seasoning
- 1 cup of Cobra Chilli Smokey BBQ Glaze
- 1 tbsp of honey or maple syrup
- 1/2 cup of chicken stock (you can use water if you don’t have stock)
- 3 tbsp of salted butter
For the Smoker
- Wire rack
- Heat proof dish
- A good appetite
- Cut your pork belly into 1 inch cubes. They don’t need to be perfect.
- Coat with Pig Candy rub and leave for at least 4 hours, or overnight. We popped ours in the fridge overnight.
- Fire up your Smoker or BBQ to 120c or 250f. Add in your wood of choice (see this video on how to add wood if you’re using a BBQ)
- Arrange your pork belly on wire racks, this allows the smoke to get in touch which every side of the pork. You can use a tray if you like.
- Place the racks in your Smoker or BBQ and let cook for 2 hours. (If using a BBQ you want to have a burner going on one side and put your meat on the opposite hide for indirect heat)
- In the mean time, combine your BBQ sauce, honey and stock.
- After 2 hours, remove the pork and add it to a heat proof tray. Pour over your sauce mixture insuring all your pork is coated well.
- Spread dobs of butter over the top and cover in foil.
- Return the tray to the smoker/BBQ for a further 1.5hours. (If you’re using a BBQ you can remove your wood chip pouch at this point)
- After 1.5 hours remove the foil, give it a little stir to re coat in the saucy goodness and cook for a further 30 mins uncovered. This is where your sauce thickens up and becomes sticky and delicious.
Paprika Chicken Wings with Buffalo Dipping Sauce Facebook Instagram Paprika Chicken Wings with Buffalo Dipping Sauce! Yummy and mouth watering! An easy meal which is full of flavour, you won’t be disappointed. Recipe thanks to @ark_designs Ingredients: Wings 1kg Chicken