Braised Steak & Onions
Braised Steak & Onions. Perfect for a cool evening meal, or as leftovers for breakfast.
You can’t go past this easy slow cooked meal.
- 1 kg gravy beef, trimmed
- 2 tablespoon plain flour
- 1 teaspoon salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 60 g butter
- 3 onions halved thickly sliced
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- 500g beef stock
- 1 teaspoon Vegemite
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 pinch salt and pepper *to taste
- Put 2 tbsp flour & seasonings in ziplock bag.
- Place diced steak pieces in small batches into bag and shake to coat lightly with the seasoned flour.
- Heat oil in frying pan and brown small batches of steak well on each side. Place in a slow cooker. Repeat with remaining steak.
- Add butter to frying pan and mix with pan juices.
- Add onions and cook until transparent, stir in remaining seasoned flour & tbsp extra flour and cook for 2 minutes.
- Gradually add stock, stir until sauce boils and thickens a little.
- Add Vegemite, tomato paste and sauce and mix well, making sure Vegemite is dissolved.
- Pour sauce over meat, cover and cook for 6 hours.
- Serve with rice or mashed potato.
Paprika Chicken Wings with Buffalo Dipping Sauce Facebook Instagram Paprika Chicken Wings with Buffalo Dipping Sauce! Yummy and mouth watering! An easy meal which is full of flavour, you won’t be disappointed. Recipe thanks to @ark_designs Ingredients: Wings 1kg Chicken