Braised Steak & Onions
Perfect for a cool evening meal, or as leftovers for breakfast, you can’t go past this easy slow cooked meal.
- 1 kg gravy beef, trimmed
- 2 tablespoon plain flour
- 1 teaspoon salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 60 g butter
- 3 onions halved thickly sliced
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- 500g beef stock
- 1 teaspoon Vegemite
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 pinch salt and pepper *to taste
- Put 2 tbsp flour & seasonings in ziplock bag.
- Place diced steak pieces in small batches into bag and shake to coat lightly with the seasoned flour.
- Heat oil in frying pan and brown small batches of steak well on each side. Place in a slow cooker. Repeat with remaining steak.
- Add butter to frying pan and mix with pan juices.
- Add onions and cook until transparent, stir in remaining seasoned flour & tbsp extra flour and cook for 2 minutes.
- Gradually add stock, stir until sauce boils and thickens a little.
- Add Vegemite, tomato paste and sauce and mix well, making sure Vegemite is dissolved.
- Pour sauce over meat, cover and cook for 6 hours.
- Serve with rice or mashed potato.
Paprika Chicken Wings with Buffalo Dipping Sauce Facebook Instagram Who doesn’t love a mouth watering, crispy chicken wing? Easy and full of flavour, you won’t be disappointed. Ingredients: Wings 1kg Chicken wings 2 tsp Baking Powder 2 tsp Smoked Paprika